Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Muncie home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are willing to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and require a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at McComb Window & Door have a few things to consider before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery near a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can receive a major revamp.
Welcome guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Drop by the McComb Window & Door showroom in Muncie, give them a call at 317-983-5642 or schedule an appointment online to consider all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.