Winters in Muncie come with a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and cloudy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home throughout this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from McComb Window & Door are made to complement your home and add warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Windows & Doors of Indianapolis collection provides a different style for your Muncie home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for a look that is timeless.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection brings simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to a home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they arrive at your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that have more information on the types of wooden doors available to you through McComb Window & Door, how do know if a wooden door is best for your space? There are several advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are a few features to consider:
- Because the doors are comprised of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other special features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door unique. You can also showcase your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the environment, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors usually require an overhang, so you will want to consider that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors might help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even reduce noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in a variety of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It’s simple to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for increased light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the ideal door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easier to repair. However, to keep the doors looking their best, they require ongoing painting or varnishing on a frequent basis.
The entryway is the central point of any home. If you are seeking an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your home, talk to our McComb Window & Door team about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Muncie showroom or arrange an appointment with us online.