Cooler temps are heading our way in Muncie and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and McComb Window & Door is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial in every season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Muncie winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Windows & Doors of Indianapolis team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Muncie.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at McComb Window & Door in Muncie a call at 317-983-5642 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.