In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Remember these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your home. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for a long time.
- Forget to consider the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! McComb Window & Door has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at McComb Window & Door a call at 317-983-5642, stop by our Muncie showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.