Fall is upon us in Muncie, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at McComb Window & Door in Muncie a call at 317-983-5642 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!